Application and Admissions
Admission regulations for Academic Year 2023/2024
- Admission regulations for the study programmes of study direction "Arts"
- Admission regulations for the study programmes of study direction "Education and Pedagogy"
Admission content for Academic Year 2023/2024
- Admission content for professional bachelor's study programmes
- Admission content for short cycle study programme "Teacher of music, dance, art professional orientation and interest education" and professional bachelor's study programme "Music, drama, dance, visual arts teacher"
- Admission content for master's study programmes.
- Admission content for academic doctor's study programme and professional doctor's study programme
Learn about study programmes HERE
- Admission form for professional bachelor's study programmes (Annex no 2)
- Admission form for professional master's study programme (Annex no 3)
- Admission form for academical master's study programme (Annex no 4)
- Admission form for academic doctor's study programme (Annex no 5)
- Admission form professional doctor's study programme (Annex no 6)
- All applicants must pass entrance examinations regardless of the form of studies (state budget group, self-financed studies, partially self-financed studies, et al.), previous education type (music school, music college, private studies, etc.) or nationality. Successfully passed entrance examinations are a necessary precondition for immatriculation.
- Applicants are accepted for studies in state budget group in order of competition. Those who do not pass the competition but produce sufficient results in entrance examinations can apply for self-financed studies.
- Entrance examinations take place annually in late June - beginning of July; immatriculation takes place in late August; registration and study agreements are signed in late August. Academic year begins on September 1.
- JVLMA does not provide accomodation. Collaboration exists with the Riga Stradiņš University hostel on Hipokrāta Iela 3, where accomodation for JVLMA students may be available upon their requests.
- JVLMA provides accompanists for applicants that require piano accompaniments for the admission examinations. Please contact Head of the Accompaniment Department, Lecturer Līga Kārkliņa until June 26, 2023 via e-mail liga.karklina(abols)jvlma.lv - indicating your instrument or voice group. Belated requests for accompanists' services shall not be processed.
- Important note: if the education documents of the applicant were issued abroad, a certificate from the Academic Information Centre must be added, stating the corresponding level of the document in terms of the Latvian education system. All submitted documents must be in the Latvian language.