If you would like to apply for a study period at our Academy, please check the list of Erasmus partner institutions and make sure that your institution is one of our partners.
As an Erasmus exchange student during one study cycle you may study either one semester or full academic year at JVLMA.
Survival Kit for Exchange students will provide you with general practical information.
Please apply via EASY AEC Online Erasmus Application System
or the application can be sent by the Erasmus coordinator of your home institution by e-mail to maija.sipola(abols)jvlma.lv. Required documents:
- AEC Application form
- AEC Learning Agreement
- Motivation letter
- Link to Audio/video recording on YouTube or mp3 or mp4 (2-3 works, different styles, up to 15`); composition students should send also the scores as separate pdf files.
Your study plan must be indicated in your AEC Learning Agreement. Please see the information about Study courses or contact the International Relations Office for advice at maija.sipola(abols)jvlma.lv
The official language of tuition at JVLMA is Latvian, but all individual and chamber music lessons are offered also in English/German/Russian. Besides we offer several study courses in English for exchange students and full time students from abroad:
- Traditional music of the Baltics
- History of Latvian music
- Contemporary music of the Baltics (autumn semester)
- Renaissance music: schools, traditions and aspects of interpretation
- History and aesthetics of contemporary music
- 20th century opera and musical theatre (spring semester)
- Music psychology
- Contemporary improvisation
- Music notation software SIBELIUS
- Innovations in performance process (spring semester)
In addition, you can choose study courses in English offered at the Latvian Academy of Arts and the Latvian Academy of Culture (Information about the courses will be updated in August, shortly before the beginning of the academic year).
The deadlines for Erasmus application:
- May 15 for the autumn semester or full academic year,
- November 15 for the spring semester.