The Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music Support Fund (JVLMA SF) was founded on October 18, 2019 with the objective to attract funding from organizations, legal entities and individuals in order to carry out public benefit activities and achieve the following goals:
- maintaining JVLMA as modern educational, cultural and music science center of Latvia;
- facilitating all types of educational, musicological and interdisciplinary scientific and cultural projects;
- supporting professional development and creative activities in accordance with the specifics of the field of education (music, dance, education and research, etc.);
- developing and maintaining ideal environment for the professional growth and education of JVLMA graduates, faculty and students;
- promoting higher music education in Latvia in accordance with the requirements of the society and the labor market;
- raising public awareness on the history, development and current affairs of JVLMA;
- improving the quality of education and training available to the young professionals;
- supporting developmental programs for education processes, as well as scientific research projects and HEI management;
- supporting students, as well as current and former employees of JVLMA through unforseen difficulties.
By the decision of the State Revenue Service of the Republic of Latvia at the meeting of 6 December 2019, the JVLMA support fund was granted the status of public benefit organization, thereby enabling tax relief opportunities for potential donors.
JVLMA grants the following types of scholarships to support young people:
- Scholarship for professional development, in accordance with the specifics of the field of education in the fields of music, dance, music education and research;
- Scholarship to support creative activity processes, in accordance with the specifics of the field of education in the fields of music, dance, music education and research;
- Scholarship to cover tuition fees or other educational expenses for young people in temporary financial difficulties;
- Scholarship to promote excellence to provide financial support for participation in international competitions or conferences;
- Scholarship for the purchase of technical equipment or musical instrument required for obtaining education.
You can contact the JVLMA support fund by e-mail fonds(abols)jvlma.lv.
Recipient: Jāzepa Vītola Latvijas Mūzikas akadēmija
Address: Krišjāņa Barona iela 1, Rīga, LV-1050
Registration No.: 40008291796
Receiving bank/institution: AS Citadele Bank
Account No.: LV63PARX0022930070001
Please specify the donation purpose upon transfer (example: donation to the JVLMA SF for students' professional development).