The Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music Support Fund (JVLMA SF) was founded on October 18, 2019 with the objective to attract funding from organizations, legal entities and individuals in order to carry out public benefit activities and achieve the following goals:
- maintaining JVLMA as modern educational, cultural and music science center of Latvia;
- facilitating all types of educational, musicological and interdisciplinary scientific and cultural projects;
- supporting professional development and creative activities in accordance with the specifics of the field of education (music, dance, education and research, etc.);
- developing and maintaining ideal environment for the professional growth and education of JVLMA graduates, faculty and students;
- promoting higher music education in Latvia in accordance with the requirements of the society and the labor market;
- raising public awareness on the history, development and current affairs of JVLMA;
- improving the quality of education and training available to the young professionals;
- supporting developmental programs for education processes, as well as scientific research projects and HEI management;
- supporting students, as well as current and former employees of JVLMA through unforseen difficulties.
"The mission of the Academy of Music is more than just studies. They are our people and their contribution to the creation of the Latvian cultural space.
This fund opens up a wide range of opportunities for cooperation. We need friends and supporters who can identify with our values. Together we can create something much more - a common vision of the future of Latvian culture, "
emphasizes the Rector of JVLMA, Professor Guntars Prānis.
By the decision of the State Revenue Service of the Republic of Latvia at the meeting of 6 December 2019, the JVLMA support fund was granted the status of public benefit organization, thereby enabling tax relief opportunities for potential donors.